I know this is an adoption blog but I would like to have a blog about saving money any way you can in today’s rough times financially. I use to be living paycheck to paycheck. It would have been extremely hard for me to support my three kids today with the rise in gas, food, etc. if I was still single. I am blessed to have a husband that is financially able to take care of things now but I am still very conservative.
White vinegar is very inexpensive. It has many uses in cleaning.
- mix vinegar with off-brand of fabric softener in a container for fabric softener
- use dryer balls with a couple of drops of essential oil in place of dryer sheets
- for whites put a 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/4 cup of baking soda in the washer along with detergent
- drop a cheap bar of soap in the back
- clean with white vinegar and dish soap
- put a drop of essential oil on the inside of the toilet roll
- put a drop of essential oil/ drop of fabric softener in the toilet brush holder (smell)
- change out the flipper inside the toilet with a water-saving flipper (see TikTok video below)
- Save a banana peel. Soak it in warm water for an hour. Then pour on your house plants for healthy inexpensive growth
- Get the Dollar Tree ($1.25) fertilizer spikes (Jobes) and place them in each potted plant. Works great!
Do an allergy test first!
- Good quality paper towel cut in half
- Warm water
- coconut oil
- baby shampoo
- container ( wash and reuse!)
Refill Dawn spray and Swiffers
I hope these DIY hacks help you to save in these terrible inflation times! Let me know if you try any of them.-Elizabeth
Check out this free app that gets you cash back on gas and other errands! Click this link or use promo code NB4KB to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus the first time you make a purchase. https://upside.app.link/NB4KB
The Above link is for the Upside app for gas and restaurants. Every little bit helps! Gas is so high these days. I use this app and it really does give you cash back.
Have you signed up with Rakuten yet? It’s the best site for earning Cash Back. Get a $30 bonus when you sign up with my invite link and spend $30. It’s free! https://www.rakuten.com/r/SIMPLY4316?eeid=44971
The above link is for Rakuten. Make sure before you order through Sam’s, Walmart or many other stores you download this app and use it to make your order. I use it in definitely get money back every month!